Pine Jog: A Campus Designed For Sustainable Living
Pine Jog's mission is to develop a community of environmentally conscious learners who value and respect themselves, others and the world we share. We accomplish this through a collaborative effort between our school, the Pine Jog Environmental Education Center and Florida Atlantic University. Pine Jog Elementary provides an eco-friendly learning environment, integrates science, technology, nature and art throughout the curriculum, provides training for our teachers and encourages parent participation.
We follow the philosophy of “No Child Left Inside” and take advantage of all areas on campus as opportunities for learning. Some of our features include a 65-foot brook, a chicken coop, hydroponic gardens, multiple outdoor classroom settings, a "bamboo walk," a butterfly garden, hydroponic gardens, aquaponic systems, water and electrical conservation systems and a sun dial.
Fun Facts About Pine Jog Elementary
• 945 students (grades K-5)
• 72% Free or Reduced Lunch
• 44% Hispanic, 31% Black, 18% White, 4% Asian, 4% Mixed
• 6 consecutive “A” grades
• STEM curriculum embedded throughout all content areas
• First LEED Gold certified school in the State of Florida (2009)
• National Green Ribbon School (2012)
• Unique partnership with Pine Jog Environmental Center and Florida Atlantic University
• Campus is located on, and surrounded by, 140 acres of the Pine Environmental Center
• Students go on outdoor field trips and nature walks on a regular basis