GSA Advisory Councils guide the Green Schools Alliance staff and Board in achieving our mission to connect and empower schools worldwide to lead the transformation to a sustainable future. Individual advisors could be global thought leaders, representatives from founding member schools or current members, or K-12 sustainability experts.
- Student Engagement Advisory Council - provide guidance on education and student leadership programs
- Sustainability Tracking Advisory Council - provide guidance on facility-based or metric programs
- Strategic Planning Council - provide guidance on long term planning and strategy
- Youth Council - provide a greater channel for student participation and leadership
Requirements for advisory council members:
- Have a passion for the mission of the Green Schools Alliance
- Are willing to be called upon for assistance with resource allocation or introductions to key people
- Will be advisors to the board or executive director
- Will be ambassadors for the Alliance in their circles of influence
- Are kept informed about key milestones, metrics or accomplishments so they can spread the word about the work of the Alliance
- Will attend virtual quarterly or semi-annual meetings
If you're interested in guiding Green Schools Alliance programs as part of an advisory council, please email Sharon Jaye.
SUSTAINABILITY TRACKING ADVISORY COUNCIL