How We Connect
Submitted by admin on Thu, 10/21/2010 - 20:49
"I've made the Commitment, now what?" GSA Online provides tools and networking to share information, ideas and best practices.
GSA Online's searchable database helps Facility Managers, Sustainability Coordinators, Faculty, Parents, Students, Staff and Administrators find the resources needed to set and meet their individual energy and sustainability goals.
Here are some ways to CONNECT and LEARN through the GSA
- Ask The Experts Have questions? GSA Experts have answers. Meet our Experts from Member Schools, and Corporate, Government and NGO partner organizations.
- Calendar/Events Looking to channel your interests and energy. GSA State and Regional Coordinators share what are the events taking place in your own backyard.
- Discussion Forum Start a Peer-to-Peer discussion or share information, opportunities, and ideas in these regional or topic discussion forums.
- Green Journal® On-line Magazine In partnership with Sidwell Friends School and FEEN, read in-depth essays on a variety of greening topics written by faculty, administrators, and staff. Also, read the GSA Student Blog.
- Member Profile Pages Stay current with GSA Member Schools as they "report back" their greening progress and best practices, searchable by Topic area and geographic region..
- News and Updates on a variety of topics about GSA Member Schools, the Green Cup Challenge and general green school news from around the world.
- Photo Gallery See first hand what GSA Members and Student Clubs are doing on campus and in their communities.
- Peer-to-Peer Network (GSA Members Only) You no longer need to be in a silo! Search for your counterparts working on similar projects in other schools and connect.
- Video Ocean Search for student-written and produced short films from GSA programs. Hear what students have to say about what concerns them, how they and their schools are making a difference, and their vision for the future.
And RESOURCES to help you set, meet and exceed your goals.
- Presentations: Make The Case here you can find our best student and school presentations to help you make the case for green solutions in your school, home and community.
- SMART Schools® Toolkit is (a live document under development) that is uniquely created by schools for schools and contains actions to help you set and meet energy and sustainability goals. Whether you are just getting started, or are well on your way, it contains action descriptions, case studies and resources for students, teachers, staff and administrators to help you go green.
- Resource Center Explore links to books, articles, websites, case studies and other resources selected by GSA member schools.
- Webinars View webinars sponsored by corporate and NGO partners to provide on-line learning opportunities from expert sources on a wide variety of topics.